Hey and welcome again to Max Q!
On this subject:
Firefly’s making strikes
Firefly Aerospace is making strikes forward of what’s shaping as much as be a really busy summer time. First, learn right here about a possible August launch attempt for a mission for NASA. Then, meet up with our protection of the corporate’s newest surprising acquisition.
The newest “tech” layoffs come to Ursa Main
Sadly, Ursa Main is the most recent firm to have carried out a spherical of layoffs, affecting at least 15 people. These embody high quality specialists and propulsion engineers. The corporate, which develops and manufactures engines for house launch and hypersonic functions, has had some major wins in current months, however these layoffs actually counsel bother is afoot.
Extra information from TC and past
- Albedo, an Earth statement startup, is opening a brand new 10,000-square-foot facility to assist the manufacturing of three-four satellites without delay. (Albedo)
- Hydrosat, a local weather tech firm that makes use of satellite tv for pc sensors to measure water stress and drought, acquired Irriwatch and its irrigation administration software program. (SpaceNews)
- NASA is spending $45 million to seed a whole bunch of small aerospace companies, with awardees pursuing all the things from in-space transportation to microbial monitoring for spacecraft. (TechCrunch)
- Nuview has raised $15 million thus far for its lidar satellite tv for pc constellation, from traders together with actor Leonardo DiCaprio. (TechCrunch)
- SpaceX launched a cargo resupply mission to the Worldwide House Station carrying a pair of latest photo voltaic panels, scientific analysis and recent fruit (amongst different issues). (TechCrunch)
- United Launch Alliance carried out a key check of the built-in Vulcan rocket, firing up two Blue Origin-built BE-4 engines. (ULA)
Max Q is dropped at you by me, Aria Alamalhodaei. In the event you get pleasure from studying Max Q, contemplate forwarding it to a pal.